Saturday, June 2, 2012


I am lucky enough to be travelling to Queensland twice over the next two months. I love heading up north when Melbourne skies are grey. This week I will be appearing at the Voices on the Coast festival on Monday and Tuesday, including a session for teachers Tuesday evening, then on Wednesday, Christopher Cheng and I will be at various libraries around the Sunshine Coast.

Then, on July 10th I will be speaking at a PD session at Riverbend Bookstore on my children's novel Angel Creek, along with three other fabulous Text authors: Richard Newsome, Paula Weston and Paul Griffin. Here is all the information (below). Love to see you there!



6 comments:

  1. i love billie b brown one of my favourite books. ??? i am doing a school project on sally rippin and i dont know her hobbies pleae answer??????????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - thanks for your comment. I'm glad you like the Billie books. My hobbies are mainly reading, writing and drawing, which is handy because that's also my job! I also love food - eating it more than cooking it, and swimming in the ocean, but only when it's warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sally, My name is Ella and I am 7 and I am in Grade 2. My mum and I came up to listen to your talk at Cooroy Library. I love Billie B Brown books and have read some of the Hey Jack! books at school too. I love all the books you have written. The Angel Creek book sounds really interesting and I hope to read it soon but I might need to save up a bit more pocket money to buy it. I am excited to hear that you have been writing some of the Our Australian Girl books too. I really liked how you told us how you got ideas for your books like how some was from imagination and some was from things you have done and experienced like cutting your sisters hair when you were little. I liked seeing the way how the other illustrations of Billie looked funny because they didnt look like Billie. Thank you for coming to talk to all of us Sally, from Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have your big Billie book 2 and it is very useful as I can read multiple books in one giant book.

      Delete
  4. Hi Ella,
    Great to hear from you. I'm glad you enjoyed the talk. I had lots of fun travelling up the QLD coast, chatting with children in the libraries. I hope you will like the Our Australian Girl series I am writing and the Angel Creek book too.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is your favourite food please Ms rippins?

    ReplyDelete